When it comes time to find a mover, no matter how far you are going, the process can be daunting. There are so many moving companies out there and not all of them are trustworthy. So, what does it take to select a moving company? Take a look at the tips outlined in this post.
· Always Get a Referral. It might be easier said than done, but get a referral for any moving company you consider using. The referral should not come online from a random chat room or forum discussion, but from a reputable source. Listen to a family member, trusted co-worker or longtime friend.
· Multiple In-Person Estimates. The only way a moving company can give you a true estimate is by looking at all the stuff you want to move. When it comes time to acquiring estimates, do not settle for the first one that is submitted. Instead, make sure you get at least three estimates from companies that actually visited your home.
· License and Insurance. Do not use a moving company that is unlicensed and uninsured. Any company that comes to your door, even for the estimate, should be able to provide you with their license number and insurance information.
· Verify the Address. Make sure the moving company has an address that you can verify. If the address they give you cannot be located, then run away quickly. This is a major red flag.
· Better Business Bureau Rating. Nothing else describes the reputation of a company better than its rating with the better business bureau. Here you will find all you need to know about any moving company you are considering.
· No Upfront Cash Deposit. Never use a moving company that asks for a cash deposit upfront. No moving company should ask for this. If they do, and seem urgent to acquire that money, then you need to take a deeper look at the company.
Contact the experienced staff at Moving Man, Inc. today to schedule your estimate.